IBA’s Pre-Professional Day (PPD) program offers a transitional experience to dancers as they move from the academic ballet setting to the world of professional dance. It provides an opportunity to increase the dancer’s stylistic range and versatility by exposing them to a variety of dance styles in class, rehearsals and performances. PPD students are primarily training for professional performing careers in classical ballet or modern dance, but are also encouraged to pursue their interests in teaching and choreography.
Our PPD program involves high-level training with additional exposure to repertoire and increased performance opportunities as students prepare for a professional dance career. Students are expected to maintain a high level of excellence and commitment to their classroom work, performances, and community outreach.
PPD is focused on the rigors of training dancers. Participants must be enrolled in an alternative academic program that provides a flexible schedule.
Enrollment in IBA’s PPD program is by audition or invitation only. Please contact us to learn more or schedule an audition.
PPD Program Highlights
- Training is conducted by members of IBA’s faculty including Nadia Pavlenko, Maxim Ponomarenko, and Emma Frenette.
- Guest teachers and choreographers visit for an extended stay or master classes throughout the year
- Small classes with individualized attention
- Coaching for YAGP and ADC|IBC competitions (Select students are invited to participate by IBA faculty)
- Additional performance opportunities
- Evening classes to supplement daily classes
- Individual academic study time
We welcome out-of-town students and provide accommodations for students in need of year-round housing. Please contact Christina Fannéy, Academy Director, to discuss housing needs at email@example.com.
Our school is located in Cary, NC – a town adjacent to Raleigh, some of the country’s best universities, Research Triangle Park as well as cities and communities with a shared commitment to the arts. Cary is routinely ranked as one of the best places to live in the US.